I’m Charlotte Marston, an experienced and qualified German to English translation and proofreading specialist.
I help clients across Germany, Austria, Switzerland and South Tyrol to attract and retain English-speaking clients by turning their words into effective, engaging English.
In today’s fast-paced world, first impressions count. Working with a professional translator like me could be the difference between building credibility with your English copy or losing your reader’s attention and trust at the first hurdle.
Whether you need your website translated or want your existing English copy to be polished by a native English speaker, I can use my excellent writing skills, intercultural awareness and attention to detail to help. I love nothing more than contributing to my clients’ success and I look forward to developing a close, trusting and friendly relationship with you.
- MA in Applied Translation Studies from the University of Leeds
- BA in French and German (First Class Honours) from the University of Exeter
- Career Affiliate of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI)
- Member of the ITI German Network
- Membership Secretary of the Wessex Regional Group of the ITI
- Freelance translator since 2014
- Two years working as an in-house translator in Freiburg, Germany
- Project management internship at a large language service provider in London, giving me an in-depth understanding of the translation process
- Erasmus year studying at the University of Tübingen, Germany
- Battery Storage: Understanding the Battery Revolution (online course with FutureLearn)
- Go Solar PV: The Business Potential of Solar Photovoltaics (online course with FutureLearn)
- Translating for the Travel and Tourism Industry (webinar)
- Translating Corporate Communications (webinar)
- Contracts and Contract Formation for Legal Translators (webinar)
- Introduction to German Law (seminar run by the ITI German Network)
- SDL Trados Studio
- Microsoft Office
- ABBYY FineReader
What my clients say…
“Thanks again for your (and your proofreader’s) outstanding work on this project. I’m really happy with how the English magazine turned out and everything was delivered perfectly on time. You always make my work very easy for me, so thank you!”
“Charlotte is a reliable translator who always delivers on time, and we are always extremely happy with the quality of her work. She has a diverse writing style and understands how to adapt texts to the target audience. She is always our number one choice whenever we need an English translator.”
“Charlotte has been a valued member of our translation team since 2012, first as an in-house translator and then as one of our premium freelance linguists. Her work is always of the highest standard – whether it’s a legal document requiring perfect accuracy or a marketing text needing creative skills, her translations are always spot on. And what’s more, Charlotte is always a pleasure to work with!”
“I have been working with Charlotte regularly for many years and she is one of the best, most reliable and most meticulous translators I know. She goes above and beyond with her translations, always reading between the lines and researching the subject matter as she translates, as well as picking up on inconsistencies in the original German text. In addition to her professional expertise, she is very friendly and I really enjoy working with her.”
“Charlotte consistently produces very high-quality, accurate work. She is very confident and capable and is particularly suited for marketing and high-visibility translations thanks to her excellent style and flair. We have always been extremely satisfied with the standard of her work, and we couldn’t recommend her enough!”